As a trusted partner, Converge Technology Solutions is helping to screen, secure and hire a Senior Data Engineer to work with our client in Atlanta, GA. This will be a remote position with a preference to the Southeast Region.
- Develop database solutions to store and retrieve company information.
- Build, configure and maintain information systems.
- Analyze structural requirements for new software and applications.
- Migrate data from legacy systems to new solutions.
- Design conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts.
- Improve system performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting, tuning, and integrating new elements.
- Optimize new and current database systems, including transactional databases and data warehouses.
- Define security and backup procedures for company data.
- Coordinate with the Business, DevOps, and Engineering departments to identify and implement future needs and requirements
Job Requirements (Including Education)
- Proven work experience as a Data Architect, Data Engineer, Database Administrator, or similar roles.
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles.
- Experience gathering and analyzing system requirements.
- Experience defining data models.
- Experience building, working with and supporting a data warehouse and ETL processes (e.g. Snowflake, Matillion, Fivetran).
- Expertise in MS SQL and SQL Server including Reporting Services.
- Experience with MySQL.
- Experience with database deployments and source control.
- Proficiency in MS Excel.
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g. PowerBI, Gooddata, Tableau, etc...).
- Proven analytical skills.
- Deep problem-solving skills.
- BS in Computer Science or relevant field or equivalent experience.
Converge Technology Solutions offers equal opportunity to employees and applicants regardless of race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. Converge Technology Solutions does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party vendors associated with fees.