As a trusted partner, Converge Technology Solutions is helping our client identify, screen and secure a Director of Product Strategy to join our client in Denver, Colorado. This will be a hybrid position (onsite/remote).
In this role, you will be responsible for driving the vision and strategy for the company and the consortium across all of its applications and platform capabilities. The goal is to establish alignment, understanding, and communication to build an efficient suite of applications that maximize the potential of our existing and future technology offerings, while planning for decommissioning of applications and offerings that are redundant, outdated, or no longer needed. This position will play a key role in defining our product vision, road map and product priorities, as well as putting in place and managing a structured product portfolio management framework and process.
- Defines the product lifecycle vision for the consortium that supports the shared CEO vision, strategy and direction.
- Determines a road map for all company product offerings (applications), including what products have redundancy and are no longer needed. Develops a strategy for effective decommission when appropriate.
- Develops and oversees the implementation of processes, and policies that have significant impact upon the organization.
- Develops short- and long-range product and service strategies and plans.
- Works cross functionally with all business groups (heavily with Innovation?) to understand emerging customer and business trends that required enhancements or new product features to be developed.
- Defines and prioritizes the product development roadmap for the company and consortium, with a strong product portfolio management analytical approach.
- Develop application sunset strategies where necessary.
- Makes recommendations for the formulation of the strategies and operating plans of the specified area of responsibility, then, based on prevailing conditions executes or adjusts the operating plans. Brings a strong financial and business discipline to roadmap prioritization and performs pre/post launch analysis of each product and drives team financial accountability for results.
- Sets financial, operational and quality objectives for the product offerings and develops master operational plans.
- Leads execution (scope, requirements definition and delivery) of top strategic product initiatives
- Interacts with direct reports and peers in management / customers / vendors to interpret information and improve cross-functional processes and programs.
- 5-7 years background in technology product management; thorough knowledge of SDLC
- 5+ years of experience in financial services
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Business; MBA/Master’s preferred.
- Knowledge of agile development methods. (Any specific programs like Jira). PMP certification desired.
- Excellent writing skills are a must; candidates must have the ability to clearly describe product requirements and functionality.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple processes, programs, and procedures simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Experience in analytics or business intelligence a plus.
Converge Technology Solutions offers equal opportunity to employees and applicants regardless of race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. Converge Technology Solutions does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party vendors associated with fees.