As a trusted partner, Converge Technology Solutions is helping our client identify, screen and secure an Incident Response & Threat Intelligence (IR/TI) Lead to join their team in Denver, CO. This is a hybrid role initially, with 1-2 days onsite needed to establish rapport with the CISO.
In this role, you will serve as the process owner for all activities related to, preparing for, and responding to information security threats and incidents, including coordinating with and providing briefings for senior executives of the company and their partners.
- Establish, document and manage an Incident Response program for the company and its partners, including developing relevant runbooks for expected incident types, and conducting table top exercises for the company and its partners on a regular basis to test the runbooks and prepare involved parties.
- Develop and monitor threat intelligence sources to ensure the company has relevant information on threats and threat trends that can impact the company and its partners. Where appropriate, work with the CISO and other IS leaders to add to or modify the current information security program in order to mitigate these threats.
- Provide updates on threat trends, both written and in presentation, as part of the ISSC partner monthly meetings, and as needed for board level reporting and other ad hoc updates/reports.
- Develop capabilities, including both inhouse and with third party resources, to investigate and respond to potential cybersecurity incidents, from initial investigation through to full recovery and root cause analysis, including providing communication updates to all concerned stakeholders.
- Review and contribute to the management of the cyber insurance policies in place for the company and its partners, providing input on the insurance requirements as part of the company information security program planning, and providing recommendations on areas where additional coverage may be needed.
- Establish proactive relationships with relevant law enforcement, legal and IR consulting firms for use should they be needed in an incident.
- Coordinate and manage pen testing, 3rd party testing and all other technical security evaluation engagement for the company and its partners, including analysis of report findings to determine if changes are needed to the company’s information security program as a result.
- Assesses cyber risks and threats to the company and its partner employees, property, affairs, brand, and events. Identifies and researches new potential threats using public and private information, open-source intelligence (OSINT), and other effective research techniques. Establishes clear, effective, and proactive plans for avoiding or mitigating newly emerged or evolving threats. Assists decision-making in crises.
- 8 years of information security experience, of which at least 3-5 years should have been in a role performing the duties of incident response and threat intelligence.
- Highly skilled in the technical aspects of information security, including systems, network and application security tools and processes.
- Experience in developing an IT/TI program in alignment with a recognized security framework (ISO, NIST, etc.).
- Experience managing and building incident response/threat intelligence organizations and functions.
- Experience hiring and mentoring staff in the performance of incident response/threat intelligence functions.
- Experience in the handling of actual breaches and incidents, including briefings with senior leaders and coordination with external parties.
- Recognized security certification (CISSP, CISM, etc.).
Converge Technology Solutions offers equal opportunity to employees and applicants regardless of race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. Converge Technology Solutions does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party vendors associated with fees.