As a trusted partner, Converge Technology Solutions is helping our client identify, screen and secure a full-time, W2 direct-hire Lead Backup & Storage Engineer to join their team. This is a 100% remote position with preference to candidates in Florida, Georgia, and/or New Jersey.
In this role, you will be responsible for administering services, technology, and operations within their assigned functional areas in support of our business partner’s expectations from an availability, reliability, scalability, security, audit, and cost perspective.
- Install, configure, monitor, maintain and troubleshooting NetApp Storage Platform, Veritas Backup Exec Platform and Oracle Storage Tek SL150 Tape Library.
- Experience in OnTap version upgrades working closely with vendor.
- Proactively monitoring system performance and capacity planning using various tools.
- Provide input on ways to improve the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of the environment
- Proficient with documentation of standards, knowledgebase articles, how-to’s, and other operational guides
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of responsibilities and follow through on tasks. Problem solver who exercises sound judgment in complex situations.
- Being flexible with working on off-hours, weekends, and even holidays
- Support the achievement of service levels and metrics-based performance in collaboration with the Outsourcing Suppliers
- Directing, tracking, and oversight of day-to-day operations in their towers
- Provide technical guidance, disciplined judgement, and oversight of Infrastructure Operations activities related to Service Operations, including incidents, problems, service requests, change management for their towers
- Proactively identify and ensure the timely remediation of issues within their towers
- Promptly respond and resolve inquiries and escalations. Ensure systemic issues are identified and remedial actions are taken to prevent future occurrences.
- Assist in the planning and oversight of change management activities
- Collaborates with the Infrastructure Architecture, Operations, Project Management, and Application teams to properly forecast future demand and drive the appropriate actions to fulfill these needs.
- Drive a service-oriented culture across all activities
- Define architectural roadmaps for Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity utilizing the cloud and provide support and oversight of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity activities for their tower.
- Managing day-to-day operations and project activities within their towers. As part of the responsibilities, you will be escalation point for Junior Engineer team members on an ongoing basis
- Six plus years of deep understanding and experience with NetApp storage platform in an enterprise environment or relevant military experience
- NetApp certification or relevant military experience
- Experience performing ONTAP cluster upgrades and deep knowledge of CIFS/NFS/iSCSI protocols.
- Experience with NDMP backups and recovery, local and remote replication technology (Snapshots & Snapmirror)
- Implementation of new SAN/NAS equipment and migration from old storage, decommissioning of old storage, etc.
- Strong troubleshooting skills as it relates to NetApp systems.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of the underlying storage architecture and features, including ability to explain aggregates, volumes, luns, vserver, junction path, LIF, iGroups, Raid types, thin vs. thick provisioning, replication, and be familiar with various console commands, etc.
Additional Preferred Experience:
- Good working knowledge of network protocols, VLANs, DNS, TCP/IP, SFTP, SSH
- Experience with VMware and Virtualization technology
- ITIL Foundation Certification.
- Experience in PowerShell, Bash, Python and Unix Shell scripting.
- Azure Storage experience preferred
Converge Technology Solutions offers equal opportunity to employees and applicants regardless of race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. Converge Technology Solutions does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party vendors associated with fees.