As a trusted partner, Converge Technology Solutions is helping our client identify, screen and secure a full-time, permanent Senior Network Security Engineer to join their team in Florida. This is a remote position with travel to sites as needed during on call rotation.
In this role, you will be responsible for securing, managing, monitoring and administering services and technology in support of the company’s business objectives by ensuring security, availability, reliability, scalability, and audit of their network. The daily duties also include project work, hands-on troubleshooting, interfacing with cross-functional teams, patching, vulnerability management and resolving complex issues across the enterprise.
- Day-to-day administration, configuration, maintenance and upgrades of existing security devices and platforms
- Provide proactive remote systems monitoring and troubleshooting support to ensure optimum service availability
- Reviewing firewall rules to ensure strict adherence to the company’s security policies
- Develop operational improvement plans and transforming the improvements to scalable and automated workflows
- Perform deep dives on complex issues across the enterprise network using automation and hands-on technical troubleshooting
- Maintain situational awareness over the company’s environment, including ongoing major incidents
- Collaborate with Security Operations Teams and build cross-functional relationships within Business Technology Solutions (BTS), Platform Engineering (PE), Security Operations Team (SecOps), Enterprise Architecture (EA), Application Support & Maintenance, and other IT leadership as required
- Provide technical and functional leadership within the network team. As part of this position, you’re required to provide escalation and mentoring to L1/L2 team members on an ongoing basis.
- Anticipate potential operational risks and develop strategies to mitigate through performance monitoring, trend analysis, capacity monitoring
- Maintain awareness and oversight of critical operational activities and major changes
- Participating in threat-hunting as required by SecOps Team
- Oversee technical bridge and participate in emergency response with the view of providing detailed analysis for postmortem to prevent future occurrences
- Ensure the operational policies and procedures are documented and maintained
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related fields or applicable work experience or relevant military experience
- 6+ years of Infrastructure Technology experience with a primary emphasis on Network Security Operations in large enterprise environments or relevant military experience
- CCNP certification (or demonstratable equivalent experience)
- Proficient in configuring and troubleshooting Cisco security devices, understanding network stacks, and popular network protocols
- Expertise and knowledge of scripting for task automation, such as Python, PowerShell, building of playbooks in Ansible or other automation platforms
- Information Security and ITIL certifications and experience strongly preferred
Relevant technology experience includes:
- Advanced administration of Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE), Cisco FirePower Threat Defense (FTD) and FirePower Management Console (FMC), Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) including device configuration, upgrades and maintenance
- Excellent understanding of networking technologies
- Experience deploying and migrating firewalls (on-prem and cloud)
- Advanced expertise in multi-vendor IDS/IPS solutions
- Understanding of load-balancing technologies
- Knowledge of routing protocols including EIGRP, BGP, OSPF
- Cisco AnyConnect VPN, 3rd party VPN (site-to-site/B2B)
- Knowledge of proxy technologies, on-prem and cloud-based.
- Data Center design and implementation experience
- Understanding of hybrid cloud deployment
Converge Technology Solutions offers equal opportunity to employees and applicants regardless of race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. Converge Technology Solutions does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party vendors associated with fees.