As a trusted partner, Converge Technology Solutions is helping our client identify, screen and secure a full-time Telecommunications Specialist to join their team. This role is a 6-month contract to hire W2 position with a flexible hybrid schedule with onsite work in Duluth, Georgia. This is NOT a 100% remote position, so out of area candidates will not be considered.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for completing the company-wide deployment of Teams Voice throughout all locations
- Provide direct technical support for the planning, coordination, and implementation of Teams Voice migrations, new releases, upgrades, or changes throughout the organization.
- Responsible for supporting and maintaining several different telephone systems that are in production in several locations throughout the organization until they have been replaced by Teams Voice.
- Work with members of either the Systems & Operations team, the Network Operations team or the Service Desk team to ensure high-quality customer service is provided throughout the organization.
- Respond in a timely manner to all telecommunication issues and/or outages.
- Develop and educate various teams and future staff on telephone outage procedures and escalations.
- Ensure stable performance for all telephony environments through performance monitoring and tuning.
- In the future take over responsibility for mobile phone services throughout the organization which will include vendor management, contract management, support, activations and deactivations.
- For various locations with specific needs, ensure the continuous operation of internal and external paging system to facilitate paging requests of authorized personnel.
- Works collaboratively and support the efforts of all IT staff members.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with all IT teams and business units.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in Communications; emergency call center and/or answering service desired
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with Microsoft Teams Voice.
- Familiarity with all aspects of telecommunications; voice mail, paging, and alarm systems desired
- Strong leadership and talent development competencies.
- Excellent customer service & verbal communication skills, computer literacy.
- Ability to interact effectively with various IT teams, senior leadership, and employees throughout the organization.
- Ability to think critically and act strategically.
- Ability to troubleshoot, problem solve, and complete critical analysis.
- Effective organizational, prioritization, and time management skills.
- Proven ability to discuss technology in a “non-technical” way to facilitate high-level management discussions and project teams.
- Proven subject matter expertise in Microsoft Teams Voice Administration and rollouts.
- Experience with Cisco Call Manager is a plus.
- Knowledge of QOS, Route Redistribution, Policy Routing, and Multicast techniques is essential.
- 3 years of experience with Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business Online/OnPrem, Cisco Call Manager, Enterprise Voice/Unified Communication (SBC, VoIP, PBX).
Converge Technology Solutions offers equal opportunity to employees and applicants regardless of race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. Converge Technology Solutions does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party vendors associated with fees.